Durante el año 2011 tendrán lugar las dos tradicionales conferencias de EBEN:
• Research Conference. Del 8 al 10 de Junio de 2011, en el Trinity College Dublin Business School, de Dublin. El tema general es: “Does Integrity Matter?”. La web de la conferencia es: http://www.tcd.ie/business/news-and-events/events/eben.php
• Annual Conference. Del 15 al 17 de Septiembre de 2011, en la University of Antwerp, Amberes, Bélgica. El tema general es: “Dare to Care: building a caring organisation”. (La web de la conferencia no está todavía activa)
Los Call for Papers de ambas conferencias están ya en marcha
Call for Abstracts EBEN Research Conference 2011
Trinity College Dublin Business School, June 8-10
Does Integrity Matter?
Aim of the Research Conference
This conference, which is being organised by EBEN Ireland and the TCD Business School, has a particular focus on integrity. Possible topics of research include:
- Integrity within organisations – impossible given conflicting pressures?
- Integrity and leadership – a prerequisite?
- Professional integrity – possible to serve the public interest?
- Does the market value integrity? If so, by how much?
- Developing integrity and ethical values in business education: challenges and rewards
- Integrity priorities at the national level – banks or citizens?
- Integrity during times of current and previous crises – can people learn?
- Practical application of philosophical thought in improving workplace integrity
- Values as a basis for business success – local and international
- Global financial crisis – lessons?
- Recovery of trust and reputation – how?
- Integrity within financial institutions – responsible to whom?
- Observance of the law – sufficient for integrity?
- Regulatory balancing act – is it possible to regulate organisational behaviour?
- Politicians – possible to act with integrity and be re-elected?
- Corporate governance – appropriate to all organisations?
- Wealth & integrity – worth losing?
- Religious integrity – prioritise hierarchy or member body?
- Integrity within acadaemia – through competition or collaboration?
- Sporting integrity – should Thierry Henry have owned up?
- Stakeholder relations – do priorities change with circumstances?
- Journalistic integrity – reporting priorities?
- Integrity issues and whistleblowing – societal protection?
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who guards the guardians at the gates?
- Responsibility for future generations – integrity of planet and business incompatible?
- Integrity within societal norms – is intra-country comparison possible?
- Justice – how should society deal with integrity failures?
- A new world order – with integrity at the core?
The official language of the conference is English.
Submission of abstracts
The programme of the conference includes plenary as well as parallel sessions. Academics and business people wishing to present their research or practical experiences at the conference are invited to submit an abstract (500 words maximum) accompanied by a short biographical note (100 words) and full mailing and e-mail addresses before February 28th, 2011.
Research in progress that corresponds to the topics indicated or other topics related to the integrity theme of the conference is particularly sought. The Scientific Committee will select abstracts for oral presentation. Notification of acceptance for presentation will be given by March 21st, 2011.
Research capable of practical application within organisations will be particularly appreciated or at least evidence that the researcher has considered how the research can benefit ethics within businesses and other organisations.
EBEN has an agreement regarding publication of papers arising from the Research Conference with the JBEE (Journal of Business Ethics Education). A special issue of Research in International Business and Finance will also be produced. Details of the RIBAF special issue will be available mid February at www.tcd.ie/business/
Please email abstracts with full contact details and ‘EBEN RC’ in the title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Business at Trinity College Dublin is also hosting the 9th INFINITI Conference on International Finance the following Monday and Tuesday, 13th & 14th June 2011. The conference theme is “Institutions, Actors and International Finance”.
Call for Papers: www.tcd.ie/business/news-and-events/events/infiniti.php
Call for Papers EBEN Annual Conference 2011
University of Antwerp, September 15-17
“Dare to Care: building a caring organisation”
It is a great pleasure to invite you to the 24th Annual Conference of the European Business Ethics Network which will be held in Antwerp, Belgium, September 15-17. The conference is organised jointly by the Centre for Ethics of the University of Antwerp and the Centre for Economics and Ethics of the K.U.Leuven.
Theme of this conference is “Dare to Care: building a caring organisation”.
The call for papers and other information can be found on our conference website: www.eben-ac2011.be. Please note that apart from the general call for papers there are five thematic workshops, each with their own call for papers (see ‘Special tracks’ on the website).
The conference will be preceded by a Doctoral Workshop on September 14 and is organised by prof. Tobias Gössling and prof. Julia Roloff. All details can be also be found on the conference website.
Please note that registration and submission(s) only open on March 1. From this date on the forms will be available on the website (not visible yet).
Important: your submission has to be uploaded online, not to be sent to the organiser(s).